
As many of you may be aware, John Hughes has died. He died of a heartattack at age 59.
That means he was only 20-years old when I was born. That means he was 35, etc., when he was making films about and for my generation.
This makes me feel two things, the two things that I am feeling this 39th year:
- I'm old. People from my life experience are dying, and it's not all freakish or accidental.
- I'm young. I still have a career full of promise and life ahead of me.
I suppose I'm sitting on the hinge that connects my youth and my "agedness". No wonder I'm uncomfortable.
There are more words, but they haven't fully developed, so they will have to wait. I guess I just wanted to use John Hughes' passing as the marker he always was: an icon for Generation X.
No comments:
Post a Comment