I remember when one of my friends went through a gut-level purging of her belongings, it seemed like it was as a result of a traumatic physical move rather than a sign of her times. Now that I've been bit by the "Bye-Bye!" bug, I'm starting to think that this stage I'm in is a natural progression of women in their early 40's.
Earlier this month, I was compelled by something much greater than myself to establish a serious and professional writing space for myself. It is as if I'm no longer apologizing for myself, no longer chasing the social expectations for my life, and I'm blazing my own trail. I always have, but now I'm too old to feel guilty. As an unexpected side effect, my home is undergoing a very serious and root-level change. I've rented a storage space for the short-term, and am decorating my home as if it were a home, not a storage unit or a dorm room. (See http://www.everybodyscousin.blogspot.com/ for more.)
But this is more than just a natural progression related to age. I'm realizing this is an opening up of my spirit. I'm starting to remove the insulation that my stuff has provided for me, and I'm learning how to live more leanly. And not because it's more economical, wiser, environmentally friendly, or what I'm supposed to do. Nope. This is because it is coming to me naturally.
So what do I mean by my title of this entry?
Since I'm no longer nesting, my energy is being redirected, resulting in more rest. Rest in every sense of the word.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(5)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (1)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (1)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
-
►
2009
(13)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/20 - 12/27 (1)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (1)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (1)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (1)
- ► 07/26 - 08/02 (1)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (7)
No comments:
Post a Comment