There is no doubt that we have all heard about the importance of calcium as we age, but I was unaware that a good Vitamin B supplement and enough magnesium are also important. In The Wisdom of Menopause by Christiane Northrup, M.D., she recommends taking 800mg of magnesium per day when treating fibroids. I'm still evaluating all my supplements so that I take what is right for my body, but my goal is to establish a system where I have my supplement candy store stocked properly. This, however, has gotten me thinking about supplements in a new way.
I began taking 500mg of magnesium again this week as well as a Super B Complex and 2000mg of Vitamin C (also recommended in my research). Let me tell you, it is making a significant difference. I had been taking them during my Lenten Observance, but I didn't take it seriously. After all, I'm not so old that I need this stuff. What I didn't realize was that I was feeling better not only from changes in my diet, but also in other habits. Supplements are not as overrated as I'd thought. They are not placeboes manufactured by this Capitalist Machine whose only mission is to keep the people down. Good to know!!
Lastly, I have been taking my supplements at dinner time, for two reasons. First, it's easy to remember: I'm at home, I'm winding down for the day, etc. The other reason I'm taking them at night is so I don't flush them out of my system prematurely. By taking them at night, my body is able to digest them while I'm asleep, when it is rebuilding at the cellular level. Just a little something to share with you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(5)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (1)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (1)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
-
▼
2009
(13)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/20 - 12/27 (1)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (1)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (1)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (1)
- ► 07/26 - 08/02 (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment