Sunday, July 12, 2009

Week One of Natural Progesterone Therapy

I began using natural progesterone cream last Monday morning. I'm taking it as the dosage suggests, 2 times daily, morning and evening. Because my body reacts quickly to remedies, I've started with the lower dosage. At one point during the week, I thought I needed less, but that wasn't the case. The 1/4 teaspoon dosage 2 times daily is working well for me.

The main thing I noticed this week was that my skin has regained its elasticity. By Wednesday, my skin felt like it used to. AND I'M THRILLED. Of all the changes since I turned the corner at 39th and Main, the changes in my skin has been the greatest of concerns. Yes, the "flab" was more sensual feeling, but it made me feel old and not like myself. I still sag in all the usual places, but at least the top layers of skin feel as they did at 37th and 38th and Main.

Where have I been applying the cream? The tube says anywhere, but the book that is my main resource (I will share that with you soon), says the places where we blush are best. I believe that is because the capillaries are closer to the skin in those places. However, with my reflexology knowledge, I have been applying the cream to my ankles and calves as well as my inner forearms. (Per that philosophy, the Achilles tendon, ankle, and rear heel area are the reflexology points for the sexual organs and uterus.) I am doing my best to alternate between left and right sides as the point of this therapy is balance. Like insulin therapy for Diabetics, application sites can become resistant to the hormone so I'm doing my best to rotate through at least 4 sites.

What time have I been applying the cream? In the morning as part of my morning routine, and in the evening right as I climb into bed to sleep. So far it's working well, absorbing quickly, although I'm considering spacing the applications closer to a 12-hour span. Again, for balance.

Have there been changes in my fibroids? A little, but it's too soon to tell if the changes I'm noticing are diet related, cycle related, or progesterone cream related. We'll see what happens. I will keep you posted. = : ]

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I had tried that too and it made a difference on my fibroids too. So I got Mirena (which gives you progesterone). It's ok but not giving me the result I want. I think Ablation will be the next step... yuck.

    ReplyDelete

Followers