I know I could post a comment alongside the comments, but I want to give the comments a little more press. They are worthy of their own postings.
Susan commented that she is reading this book & I can't be more thrilled. I still have my first edition in my Forever Keepers Bookshelf. If you haven't taken the time to read Women Who Run With The Wolves by Clarissa Pincola-Estes, I strongly recommend it.
My favorite take-away from my earlier reading was how cleaning is necessary for a woman's spirit. This goes beyond practical and stereotypical to the level of soul. I apologize if my memory bastardizes Dr. Pincola-Estes' thesis, but I just remember reading her words and feeling as though all of Cinderella's story isn't worthless. In a post-feminist world, the beauty of women has been forfeited for the desire to be fully equal, which regretfully often translates into androgeny. This book helps to edify the beauty and strength of women as women, not as substitutes for men. Boy, I look forward to returning to her pages to see how differently they look to me now. Thanks, Susan, for the reminder!!
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(5)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (1)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (1)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (1)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (1)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (1)
-
▼
2009
(13)
- ► 12/27 - 01/03 (1)
- ► 12/20 - 12/27 (1)
- ► 10/18 - 10/25 (1)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (1)
- ► 08/02 - 08/09 (1)
- ► 07/26 - 08/02 (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment